Sunday, December 13, 2009

Cakes

I have done a couple of cake in the past few months, first was a wedding cake for our friends. It was my first wedding cake, it was covered in buttercream and had fondant polka dots.

I only got pictures before it was assembled so there they are (please pardon my freezer and fridge):





It was four tiers, and we had two extra ones for serving. They had it cut up and served to everyone at the reception.

Next I made a birthday cake for my nephew who turned 5. My sister let me borrow her caterpillar cupcake pan. I think it turned out pretty cute.



Next I made a baby shower cake for a friends sister, she wanted a small cake and cupcakes. the colors were blue, brown, and cream.






The last cake I for my niece who just turned 3. She loves princesses so she asked for a princess castle cake, so that is what we did.







She loved it, she kept standing on her chair during dinner to look at it.

So that is what I have been up to the past few months, this week I will be baking Christmas goodies. I will try to put up some of my favorites with their recipes.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for the cake and cupcakes!

    Your other cakes look so cute too. And that is why I asked you to make the cake :)

    ReplyDelete